innovation Research & Training (iRT) seeks a part- or full-time IT Administrator to provide basic desktop and network support for a small Windows environment. iRT is a small, innovative company that specializes in research and development of health promotion interventions for youth. Our mission is to create products and services that improve the well-being of children, adolescents, and families. Technology innovations are fundamental to our mission. In recent years, we have deployed our own web-based surveying and project management engine, and a proprietary eLearning system (LMS). We use these products to facilitate easy and secure data collection and to provide web-based training and instruction, and we market these products to our customers.
The IT Administrator will use extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to maintain and enhance all network infrastructures at iRT. This includes overseeing all software subscriptions and other equipment. In this position, this person will serve both internal and external customers. The IT Administrator will work within the IT Department and directly report to the Senior Web Applications Developer. The person in this position will be an integral member of a small IT department that is working on many software development projects in a company of approximately 30 people.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform basic system administration duties
- Adding and removing users from the Active Directory
- Order and set up new hardware (e.g., computers and printers), as needed
- Manage nightly backups
- Provide user support for all printer and workstation issues
- Ensure that backups of all workstations are performed regularly
- Oversee Antivirus protection for all computers and servers in the office
- Administrate Office 365 e-mail service
- Make technology recommendations of what hardware/software is needed at the user levels
- Manage new/existing user accounts for the internal network domain
- Oversee the patch management process for all workstations
- Administer connections to the video conferencing system (GoToWebinar) and shared conference room monitors
- Set up and support remote VPN access
- Support general telephone usage on internal IP telephone system
The ideal candidate would be able to start immediately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, MIS, Business Intelligence, Engineering, or related technical discipline. Equivalent work experience in the Information Technology field will be considered. (could be a perfect position for a graduate student that could be part-time during the academic school year and full-time in the summer months)
- Comfortable working with non-technical customers and co-workers
- Be able to perform basic system administration in a Windows environment
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
Compensation and other perks:
- Competitive salary based on education and prior work experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package, including BCBS health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, PTO, an employer-matched SIMPLE IRA.
- Drug-free, smoke-free work environment.
- Office located near local greenway, a variety of eateries, and retail outlets.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter including your available start date, your resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.